10 Sep Tomato Concasse
Posted at 20:37h in Recipes
What you do with all of those ripe tomatoes in your garden?
About this time of year, your tomatoes are ripening a bit too quickly for you to use on a daily basis. This recipe helps you prepare your tomatoes to throw in the freezer, so that you can pull them out during the winter months, after the garden has vanished.I took this recipe from AllRecipes.com
- Fill a large bowl with ice cubes and water and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Cut an X in the bottom of each tomato with a knife.
- Place prepared tomatoes in the pot of boiling water and cook until the skins begin to peel off, 10 to 40 seconds.
- Transfer tomatoes to the bowl of ice water and allow to cool for 2 to 3 minutes. When cool enough to handle, peel the skin off each tomato.
- Cut each tomato in half crosswise and remove and discard the seeds; finely dice the flesh.
- Put processed tomatoes into gallon freezer bags and store in the freezer.