09 May Chef John’s Cauliflower Pizza Crust
This recipe is copied from Allrecipe’s website. We had a pizza party for April’s Last Saturday dinner. Since half of us are gluten free we tried three or four gluten-free crusts and this crust was the winner!
- 1 head cauliflower, cored and separated into florest
- 1/2 c water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 1/2 ounce finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 large egg
- pinch cayenne pepper
Directions: (Prep time 15 min, cook time 45 min)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. (I used a pizza stone and just rubbed oil over it)
- Puree cauliflower in food processor until finely ground.
- Cook ground cauliflower, water and salt together in a skillet over medium-high heat until fragrant and most of the water evaporates, about 5-10 minutes. Cool completely.
- Transfer cauliflower to the center of a clean dish towel. Wrap and squeeze tightly to remove all excess moisture. YOu shoul dhave about 1/1/2 cu cauliflower pulp.
- Stir cauliflower, goat cheese, Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, egg and cayenne pepper together in a bowl to form a soft dough. Gether dough into a ball and place in the center of the prepared baking sheet. Press dough into a circl about 1/4 in thick.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown and set, about 40 minutes. Cool and turn crust over before topping.