03 Mar Chicken Chowder for the Soul
Posted at 02:51h in Recipes
Show comfort and support to those you care for with this quick to prepare, warm Chicken Chowder. Assembled using canned and prepackaged ingredients, you can have a pot made in no time. Double the recipe to share.
Prep time 10 min., Cook time 20 min.
Wildaire’s Old Vine Riesling would be a wonderful accompaniment to this soothing chowder.
- 1 14 oz can of diced tomatoes with garlic, basil and oregano
- 1 14 oz can of quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1½ to 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 chicken breasts cut in to small pieces
- 1 sweet onion chopped small (1 cup)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¾ cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- package saffron rice
- olive oil
- fresh black pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in soup pot.
- Add chicken, onion, garlic and cook until chicken is completely done.
- Add tomatoes and stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to simmer and add bay leaves, red peppers, fresh ground black pepper
- Simmer until heated through.
- While chowder cooks, prepare rice according to package directions.
- Discard bay leaves
- Ladle chowder into soup bowls and top with a large scoop of rice.
Substitutions and Variations:
In Season – use fresh tomatoes, 2 Tbs chopped fresh basil, 1 Tbs chopped fresh oregano
Vegetarian – substitute 2 cans of great northern white beans, drained and use vegetable stock
This recipe is gluten free
Recipe Author: www.TastingPour.com